This April is the 40th Anniversary of the original film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Bompas & Parr honours Roald Dahl’s creativity by constructing a real Chocolate Waterfall that flows at a rate of 12,000 liters an hour.
The Chocolate Waterfall pulls together Bompas & Parr’s favorite beans from around the world (Ghana, India, Indonesia and the Caribbean) to create its first house blend. Dr Rachel Edwards-Stuart, food technologist and flavour expert helped develop the recipe. The five tonne mixture is chocolatey with hints of plum, red wine and earth. After visiting the Chocolate Waterfall people will be given the chance to bottle and take away their own chocolate elixir – a concentrated chocolate cordial.
Visitors customize the chocolate elixir blending in flavours including lavender, jasmine or pine by hand. The temporary installation will include the world’s first cloud of breathable chocolate.
Chocolate Waterfall is open from Friday 22nd to Monday 25th April
· The venue is Whiteleys Shopping Centre, Bayswater, London, W24 YN
· Nearest tube is Bayswater
· Opening hours are from noon to 6pm
· There are no age restrictions though all children must be accompanied by a ticket holding adult.
· Timed tickets must be purchased in advance through http://www.jellymongers.co.uk/