Sunday 11 July 2010

Real Bruschetta...



My Italian greengrocer Nick showed me the proper way to do bruschetta and I must admit, it really made a difference. Bruschetta is not just pate on toast. To get it just perfect you need freshly toasted slices of ciabatta, super ripe tomatoes that feel 'loose' and almost on the turn, and finally a good aromatic bulb of garlic. I used new season garlic which has a softer more aromatic flavour. The wet garlic season lasts for barely a few weeks so I tend to use it as much as I can. Cut a garlic clove in half and rub it over the surface of the toasted ciabatta, then rub half of the tomato over the same area, and finally throw on some torn basil leaves which you have rubbed between your fingers to release the flavour. You'll be amazed at how perfect this simple concotion feels in the mouth. Thanks Nick!

Content donated by Aaron.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment