Sunday 11 July 2010

Simon's Birthday

Did a bit of last minute catering for Simon's birthday present. (For the rest of time, my poor friends and family will recieve nothing but food and art. You have been warned!)
As it was a boys thing, I decided to go with a theme of simple, spicy BBQ style food.
Here's a few of the bits I did~


Home made Chilli and Paprika tortilla chips with tomato and spring onion refried beans.

Home made vegetable crisps- parsnip, carrot, potato and beetroot.










Spicy courgette fritatta.
White chocolate and cherry cheesecake







This second pudding I made leftover filo from my filo pasties. I had lots of scraps I didn't want to waste, and a bit of excess cheesecake filling. And with a base of cherry Brandy preserve... Voila, cherry tart is born!

Also made but not photographed-

Fruit layered Pimm's Jelly
Feta, spring and red onion filo triangles


Various chutneys




No comments:

Post a Comment