Saturday 15 May 2010

Aaron's Makerel with Salsa

*


'A really simple Ottolenghi recipe, this is my favourite thing to do with makerel. The salsa has olives, raisins, capers, parsely, honey, celery, sherry vinegar and other yummy things that give it a really nice contrast of sweet and sharp flavours.

Add to quickly grilled makerel and it becomes a beautiful 15 minute supper. The only thing I try and do is make sure the makerel is as fresh as possible. I find that makerel becomes inedible if its over a day or two old.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Aaron for contributing this post! It looks tooo beautiful. I'm always looking for new things to do with makerel as its one of my favourite fish. If you have any recipe you would like me to post, then feel free to send your ideas or photos- or if you just send me the recipe I'll try cook it up myself!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment