Wednesday 26 May 2010

Porridge of the Week #3

~
Porridge of the Week #3

Porridge with apple juice, apricots and mixed seeds
~
Category: Healthy

Replace your milk or water with apple juice. Soak some apricots in warm water, and then add to the porridge. Sprinkle with sultanas, cinammon and mixed seeds.


I've been given some recipes for some really great, decadant porridges, but following the absolute indulgence of Aaran's porridge two weeks ago, I feel its time for a healthy porridge. Apricots are great health foods, and the apple gives you an extra shot of vitamins.

... I promise it tastes good, too!
x

4 comments:

  1. That sounds lovely. I've never made porridge with apple juice before. Although, when spring hits, I tend to move away from porridge in the morning and go for lighter options. (I know, it's blasphemy). I still manage to sneak in the odd porridge smoothie though.

    Maybe I'm just burnt out from too many indulgent porridges....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to buy first British strawberries last night. I think I will try them tommorow with my porridge. Perhaps with some vanilla extract and honey? Cinnamon intead of vanilla?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, I had first British strawberries this morning in my porridge - fancy a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karolina- that sounds great! Really summery and sweet. Please do. If you email it to louise.a.ellis@hotmail.co.uk I will publish it.

    I also struggle to eat porridge in the summer, but I miss it if I don't- I've been looking at ways to get round that though.

    I like to mix a fruit yoghurt into my porridge and eat it cold. Its actually really good! Porridge smoothies are also lovely... x

    ReplyDelete